, in PT 1
, we went over one way to add Youtube videos
to your Myspace profile
. Today I'll walk you through a second, albeit more complicated way of doing the same. Huh? Well, the idea is still the same - how to get Youtube videos to your Myspace profile. The payoff for all your hard work comes in the form of an embeddable Youtube player to which multiple videos can be added. Think of it as a super-sized Youtube player.
Normal Youtube player Super-sized Youtube player
Buried deep within the Youtube site (okay, that's a lie, it's really not that deeply buried) you'll find a link to the Youtube playlist. If you haven't already done so, go sign up for a free
Youtube account - you'll need one in order to get the super-sized player.How to step by step
1. Login to the Youtube website
2. Once logged in, click on the "My Account" link at the top right of that page.
3. On the "My Account" page, click on the "Playlists" link (located under Videos).
4. On the "My Playlists" page, assuming you've never done this before, you'll be prompted to create a playlist.
5. Click the "Create playlist" button and enter the information on the next screen. When you're done click the "Save playlist info" button.
6. On the next page Youtube will supply you with the code needed to put the player on your Myspace profile. Look for the code under "Embeddable Player" - copy it
Screenshot showing location of Embeddable player code
7. Continue reading below
Excerpt from PT 1
Myspace, for whatever reason, has done away with the <object
> tag. Consequently, these tags must be removed before submitting
any Youtube code to Myspace.Example:
> tags in this sample Youtube code (noted in RED
) would have to be removed in order to work in Myspace:
<object width="530" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ls7gi1VwdIQ"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ls7gi1VwdIQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="530" height="370"></embed></object>
Once removed, the code, now Myspace ready, would look like this:
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ls7gi1VwdIQ"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ls7gi1VwdIQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="530" height="370"></embed>
Note that both surrounding OBJECT tags have been removed.
8. Paste the embed code that you copied from step 6 to Myspace. You can post it to your profile or blog.
9. Before submitting/saving it, remove the OBJECT tags as shown (RED
) in the example above.
10. Now, just submit it and you're all done. You may need to add videos to your playlist to see something.
Related posts:How to embed Youtube video in your Myspace profile - PT 1 Embeddable Youtube player (adding videos) - PT 3Shozu: new "one-click" camera phone upload to Youtube/ MyspaceSource
: Tom Thomas
Labels: how to, video, youtube